This is a practical awareness session that will bring benefits to your clients and your organisation from day one.
This course will help you to have a better understanding of Deaf people, BSL, their language and communication needs. It will show you can help break down the barriers for Deaf people in practical ways which cost nothing, whilst making your service more accessible not only to Deaf people, but anyone who has a communication difficulty or for whom English is a second language. Using video presentation and group interaction to reinforce the factual content, this course is of practical value to all agencies serving the public and an invaluable part of individual continuous professional development.
- Language choices and differing cultures of deaf people
- Over coming barriers, improving attitudes
- What does deafness mean and the correct terms to use
- Barriers to communication
- Communication tactics
- Professional communication support for deaf people
Places can be booked here: