Perth & Kinross Disability Sport, in partnership with Scottish Curling, Scottish Disability Sport and Live Active are delighted to invite entries from across Scotland to the first ever Perth & Kinross Disability Sport Curling Championships. We hope to increase the profile of disability curling in Perth and Kinross and beyond and embed these championships in our annual calendar of events for years to come.
We’re committed to our No Cost Participation approach which sees our weekly sessions, development and competitive events, education courses and programs delivered at no cost to the participant.
There is no cost to participate in this event.
- There will be six sections of competition, all will be played in Pairs Format.
A - Open Class Event for curlers with a Visual Impairment
B - Open Class Event for curlers with a Learning Disability
C - Open Class for wheelchair curlers
D - Open Class for ambulant curlers with a Physical Disability
E - Open Class for curlers with a Hearing Impairment
F - Open Class for Curlers on the Autism Spectrum
Some sections may be combined depending on entries.
- We will aim to run a round robin competition in each section to allow players to experience more games. This will be dependent on numbers. The final format will be announced following the deadline for entries.
- Each section is open to curlers aged 12 and over who have some experience in the sport. (Exceptions can be made for those in regular training, please contact email@example.com
- Competitors will at all times abide by the current Rules of the Game. However, some adaptations may be used at the discretion of the organiser.
- This event will be run under Scottish Curling’s COMPETITION DISCIPLINE IN CURLING GUIDELINES
- All matches will last for 4 Ends, if there are a large number of entries, then matches may be time limited.
- Registration will be from 9.30am and the event will start at 10am sharp.
- Players who use assistive devices should bring their own equipment and assistant.
- Entry to the competition can be made on an individual basis and pairs will be informed on the day of the event or as a pair – please inform us who your partner is.
Online registration is available by clicking on this link: (ctrl + click to follow link)